Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thomas, the Friendly Boxer Mix


Hi, my name is Thomas and I am a 1-2 year old brindled boxer mix. I absolutely love people and kids and I like to go for walks and play. I do get excited when I meet new people and like to give kisses, so I may jump a little bit, so probably a home with kids 6 and older would be best for me. I am very friendly with other dogs too and really like to play with them! But please, NO CATS for me, they are just too much temptation (sorry).
I walk pretty well on the leash -- okay, so I may pull a little in the beginning -- but if you walk me with a harness, I am just fine (and with regular practice will get even better)! I know how to sit and take treats very gently too! And I really like my crate and sleep in there all night long with no complaints. I am a good boy in the car, and as a bonus, I am somewhat housetrained (but may need a quick refresher after being in the shelter since September 17). After a nice walk or play session, what I like best is to just cuddle up next to you and relax.
My adoption fee of $75 includes making sure all my vaccinations are up-to-date, and I am already neutered so I can go home with you right away. Please come to meet me, I am waiting for you at ACCT, 111 W. Hunting Park Avenue, Phila., anytime between 9 am and 6 pm, 7 days a week. My ID number is A08529030.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Thomas, you look and sound like a real sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas! is, in a word, the most "AWESOME" dog!!! Cannot say enough wonderful things about him! He's coming up on 100 days now [intake was 9/17/09], let's get him outta here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri,

    Thomas reminds me SO MUCH of my friendly rottie boy.

    I don't think that we can take him in at this time; what can we do to help Thomas find a home?

    -Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sponsored Thomas through his Petfinder page. Please let me know what happens with him. He reminds me too much of my guy who is safe and happy with a loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UPDATE! Thomas was adopted 12/14/09!!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete