Thursday, December 10, 2009

Kev


My name is Kev and I am dog # 07740386 at Philadelphia's animal control shelter. I have been here for almost 200 days.

I came here as a stray on May 30, 2009. I am still waiting for someone to save me. I’ve seen hundreds of dogs come and go. Some leave in vans packed with dogs and cats that are off to find forever homes with rescue groups. Sometimes people that I recognize come in and take dogs and return in a few weeks with success stories of finding homes for their foster dogs. I’ve seen other dogs leave right from the shelter to families with excited children that are already fighting about whose bed their new four-legged family member will sleep in.

But I’m still here.

I’m a good boy. I’m high-spirited and goofy. I’m energetic and playful. I like to chase toys and take nice walks. Snuggling always makes me feel good. It seems that all the good things about me are also the things that have prevented me from finding a home, but I would try really hard if someone would just take the time to teach me to be better with my manners.

When I came to the shelter I was just a pup. Now I’m in my teenage years and I really hope I don’t grow old here. Or worse.

Even though hundreds have passed me by, I have never lost my love for people. I am hopeful.

My name is Kev and I am dog # 07740386.


To adopt or foster me, come to the ACCT shelter at 111 W. Hunting Park in Philadelphia (open 7 days a week!). For more info, contact my friend Natalie (nsmith@pspca.org) or my pal Jill (jsweeney@pspca.org).

PS: Some very nice people at Sniffles and Friends offered to give free training to the person who adopts me. Just think of all the fun we could have together, you and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment